Based on the needs identified in the trawling fishing sector in terms of qualifications and learning for appropriate management of occupational risks associated with the activities of trawling, the proposal “SAFE FISHING” arises whose aims are:
– To provide and to advise to the sector of the trawling fishing in the transverse skills corresponding to the prevention of labor risks (Program Normalized to European Level for the management of the prevention of labor risks in the trawling fishing sector)
– To promote an educational innovative development in the sector with the use of the ICT (DVD: SAFE FISHING)
Across transnational ACTIVITIES that promote the “development of tools and training programs innovators based on the use of the ICT ” one tries to cover the NEEDS detected in all countries partners:
– At present, the training in preventive matter of this sector is given by traditional technologies of learning in all the countries partners. As it is possible to extract of two recent studies realized in the sector (“Aspectos básicos de la formación en la pesca de bajura, altura y gran altura en Galicia (financiado por el Fondo Social Europeo y la Xunta de Galicia)” y “Análisis de la aplicación de la PRL en el sector de la Pesca en Galicia (Cofinanciado por la Xunta de Galicia)), does not exist a suitable “professionalization” of the workers inside the new technological environments. This sector is characterized for the deep-sea presence of the workers during considerable periods of time, which disables the training of periodic character (recycling). With audio-visual materials of training with easy comprehension, which could be visualized in thrawler fishing vessels, it would facilitate the training on board.
– There do not exist programs of training of prevention of labor risks normalized to European level. The standardization of the training to European level contributes an added value to the same one, facilitating the mobility of the personnel, the exchange of knowledge, improving notably the quality of the training contents.
– The legislation in preventive matter, demands to the workers to give a specific training depending on his working place, so much before beginning to develop it like from time to time. It is habitual that this training ends up by being very general for all the workers, instead of specific, since also it is habitual not to get the periodic training for the complications that the organization of the same one carries, especially in sectors as this one in which the workers are relocated by long periods.
Spain has a preventive contents for the updated, financed and supported by a Public Entity as for Prevention of Labor Risks that are adapted as reference but these have not developed to there be given by tools ICT (“ANÁLISIS DE LA PROBLEMÁTICA DE LA SINIESTRALIDAD EN EL ARTE DE ARRASTRE EN LA PESCA DE ALTURA Y GRAN ALTURA: GUÍA DE PROCEDIMIENTOS DE ACTUACIONES PREVENTIVAS”).
The new technologies applied to the training put at the disposal of the student and the teacher means of interaction, improving notably the learning process. These innovative tools of learning based on the use of the ICT allow the use of audio-visual contents, which contribute a more efficient training and a training distantly that can be developed at any time and place. Adapt and improve Spanish content through ICT will provide continuous learning for the development of activities in safer conditions and fewer workplace accidents.
Depending on the profile of the workers (knowledge), the particularities of the sector (activities in trawler fishing vessels ….), and of the training contents object of this proposal (preventive contents), the AUDIO-VISUAL support is the ICT selected as the most suitable support. It will be possible visualize easily from the trawler fishing vessels, it is effective pedagogically because it shows in images how it is necessary to operate and it is very important in the prevention of risks and neither it implies a very exhaustive organization at the moment of his imparting. The proposal intends develop a DVD with “specific” preventive contents so that the workers could select what module work in function of their workplace.
This support will allow so much a classroom training with a teacher as an own training of the worker guided by the own DVD.
The partnership involved is:
ARVI. Click to read more
-Address: Puerto Pesquero s/n, PC 36202. Vigo (Spain).
-Website: www.arvi.orgThe organisation:
The fishing Vessel Owners´ Co-operative of the Port of Vigo, a non-profit entity according to art. 1 and 51 of its statutes, was formally stablished on the 2nd of December, 1964. The aim pursued when it was stablished, was to promote the social and economic improvement of its associates, through their joint action, joining forces in a collective cause. The Co-operative includes both individuals and companies which, while being fishing vessel owners, undertake to participate and to best achieve the social objective pursued. At present, 271 companies make up de Vessel Owners´ Co-operative which includes a fleet made up of 397 vessels, covering different types of fisheries and fishery locations, in Spanish, EU and international Waters. All this fleet measures up to approximately, 224.500 GRT, and near 6.500 crewmen on board. Catches exceed 400.000 tons a year for fresh, frozen and salted fish; exceeding in 35.000 the indirect Jobs. The activities and experience of your organisation in the areas relevant for this project:
ARVI is the responsible for the technology transfer, using as a basis the work carried out in this sector. ARVI as coordinator entity will face most of the topics to be developed, to ensure the proper development of the project and the achievement of the objectives based on its succesful experience.
– Study the needs. Analysis, improve and transfer the contents. Development the new contents. Pilot experience
– Participate in the Steering and Quality Committees;
– Monitoring the financial management of the project
– Implement mechanisms and actions necessary for the successful completion of the project, support and collaboration with other partner
– Act as a key informant and facilitator
– Make appropriate payments to other entities
– Work coordination and methodological guidelines
– Technical assistance, monitoring and evaluation the different phases of the project
– Continuous evaluation of the project
– Promotion, dissemination and exploitation of project and results SERVICE TRAINING
The Training Service offers a comprehensive program ARVI specific assets and unemployed workers involved in the sector, for which ARVI has two classrooms with capacity for 48 students and are equipped for all types of sea-fishing training. ARVI also has an auditorium with capacity for 80 people that develop workshops, seminars etc.
We go back to 1993 in which through the so-called FORCEM formed from ARVI, with about 800 crew company Seganosa certified specialty in fire fighting and survival at sea, providing further since then until today , numerous training activities that correspond to lower degrees, certificates and specialty courses, approved by the regional government itself (Department of Fisheries) and other government agency. We have a long and proven way. Currently, reference service, is implementing the standard UNE 9001:2008 Quality refers to the scope’s own training activities and resources, material and human. Subsequently seek various approvals, starting Initial Training Specific Health. R+D+I
The Cooperative of Shipowners Port of Vigo (ARVI), and the various associations and producer organizations that compose it, have been collaborating for years with fisheries research, providing market data and vessels for boarding of observers and the campaigns and coordinating research pilot activities of fishing.
From 1999 he began to participate in various research projects, development and technological innovation with support from the European Commission, the Central Government and the Government of Galicia.
The Joint Prevention of Occupational Hazard Service (SPM-Coapre) of this Cooperative, aims to promote, disseminate, development, collaboration and management of prevention of occupational hazards in our sector. Its first objective is to improve the living and work conditions of our crew on board vessels, reducing as far as possible the level of claims.
Four levels of performance it means:
• Management prevention. Health, Safety and Ergonomics.
• Coordination of business activities in the repair of ships.
• Consulting, Projects and Innovation.
In the wake of the “decree of” RD 171/2004 Coordination of Business Activities, three institutions, read: Harbour Master, Labour Inspectorate and the Port Authority of Vigo paths, together with the participation of cogestionaron ARVI advice what to eventually come to light as the “Safety Instructions for the repair of ships afloat in the port of Vigo” (N-05.1), ie, talk about technical and administrative procedures documented when a vessel in our port serviceable , talk about their documentary requirements authorizations, first and coordinating the work of risks on board when attended two or more companies, on the other.To address the issue of coordination, ARVI, once again, takes the initiative of obligations to its partners and founded in April 2005, the company COAPRE.
SGS. Click to read more
-Address: Trespaderne 29, PC: 28042. Madrid (Spain)
SGS TECNOS is a leader to certificate and regulation. It´s also a training company.
It´s an organization with an important experience like technical assistance in the Prevention of occupational
hazard and Environment. SGS TECNOS works to achieve an improvement in working conditions for employees and
Since 2005, SGS has a specific department to carry numerous prevention and environmetal projects and studies in a lot of
sector activities to improve safety workers and, therefore, reduce the excessively high number of accidents that occur in the
workplace in a lot of sector activities.
In those projects, SGS analize the conditions to improve them, realize materials, DVD…..
since 2005, SGS has an important experience like coordinator and manager of projects (risk, environmental, training, ITC, health…)
This company is an expert in the sanitary transport because of has developed numerous projects with ANEA in several topics (industry, ITC, Risk Prevention….)
The activities and experience of your organisation in the areas relevant for this project
SGS is the coordinator, review the training contents and develop the ICT. Its task will be:
– Coordination of the project.
– Evaluation and improve the contents and the language with a pedagogical, innovation, prevention and training perspective: digital contents, design of the graphic materials, image, symbols…
– Assist to the rest partners in their work with the specific analysis in their countries, develop of the contents, pilots….
– Continuous evaluation of the project.
– Promotion, dissemination and exploitation of project and results.
– Collaborate with other partners in the project and Committees.
The department: “Development, Investigation and Innovation Projects of SGS TECNOS” is specialized since 2005 in projects to:
– Diagnose the actual preventive situation of sectors and propose corrective measures, good practices, workers, activities,
– Environmental assessment and measurements.
– Prevention, quality and nviromental management systems.
– Diagnose the formative needs (risk, preventive and emergency measures, use machinery, use tools, use protective elements, sustainability…).
– Develop formative contents in several formats and language.
– Impart specific formation to employers
– Identify and evaluate de risks and preventive measures: in the activities, machinery, tools….
– Realize bibliographic collection and analysis.
– Analyze sector, preventive… normative, rules….
– Fieldwork with visits and check-list to collect the information
– Realize qualitative and quantitative studies to develop the project.
– Hygienic evaluation.
– Ergonomic studies.
– Develop preventive materials: handbook, triptychs, diptych, poster, comic, booklet, audivisual manual, computer tools
This materials are writing, drawing or filmed in based of workers level, sector, objective. In resume: the material are
specific for the project.
– Divulge the results with working day, congress.
The objective public on this projects are:
– All sectors: agricultural, service and industrial.
– Big, small and medium-sized enterprises.
– Employment structure: workers, self-employed workers, young people, immigrants, women.
– Workers with new incorporation/Workers with experience.
IMP France. Click to read more
Address: 60 Avenue de la perrière. PC: 56100. France
Imp is a non-profit marking organisation established around ENIM, the national welfare institution for seafarers.Imp brings together social partners in the sectors of fisheries, commercial navigation and fish-farming, and a number of authoritative people. Its overall mission is to further occupational risk prevention on behalf of the fisheries and merchant marine ministries. Seafarers or fishermen, shipowners and fishing skippers, officers and ratings, actors for prevention (public services, inspection bodies, consultants) are all associated with its action.
8 persons work in IMP. | IMP is certificated ISO 9001 version 2008.
The activities and experience of your organisation in the areas relevant for this project. IMP is working with fisher-men (crews and owner since 1992).
Around 250 trips at sea (1 to 20 days) have been done during these 21 years. The aim of these trips are always risk evaluations and research with crews and owners of technical, training or organisation means to improve the level of safety at work. Since 1992, each year, Imp is visiting each fishing training center in France. The aims of these visits are :
1) Discussions with the student about safety at work
2) Collaboration with the teachers to include the data collected during the trips and after occupational injury in the courses.
Since 1995, IMP is collected Data, with a specific form, after each occupational injury which happens on a fishing vessels (up to day the date base contains around 40000 cases).
MARE. Click to read more
-Address: 47841 Cattolica (RN) Italy, via Enrico Toti 2
Due to the interest and job opportunity presented by the sea and fishing, in 1995 the MARE cooperative was founded in order to promote technological and scientific developments in this sector and employment in it.
Today M.A.R.E. is a research and technical assistance center in terms of technological innovation and research in the fields of fisheries and aquaculture
MARE is recognized and certified as:
• Research Institute of Fisheries and Aquaculture of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (Decree 08 May 1996)
• High-quality laboratory recognized by the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (Decree 2731 of 15/11/2005)
• Registration in the Ministry of Education and Research with the National Registration No. Research: 906910NU
• Quality Management System UNE EN ISO 9001-2008 certified by CERTIQUALITY – N° 5600
In terms of training, M.A.R.E promotes the training and dissemination of those materials which researches, organizes seminars and conferences, provides assistance for the design and development of training courses and their contents as well as the development of information materials.
Also, M.A.R.E actively collaborates with the following public and private sectors in research and multidisciplinary training:
• Università degli Studi di Bologna – Laboratorio di Biologia Marina e Pesca di Fano
• Università degli Studi di Bologna – Dipartimento di Economia e Ingegneria Agrarie
• Università degli Studi di Bologna – Dipartimento di Statistica
• Università degli Studi di Ferrara – Dipartimento di Biologia
• Università degli Studi di Firenze – Dipartimento di Scienze Zootecniche
• Università degli Studi di Modena – Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche
• Università degli Studi di Parma – Dipartimento di Biologia Evolutiva e Funzionale
• Università La Sapienza di Roma – Dipartimento di Scienze di Sanità Pubblica, Sezione di Parassitologia
• Università degli Studi di Siena – Dipartimento di Biologia Ambientale
• Università degli Studi di Teramo – Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche Comparate
• FAO – Food and Agricolture Organisation – Roma
• FAO – Adriamed Project – Termoli (CB)
• Istituto Nazionale di Ricerca per gli Alimenti e la Nutrizione –INRAN
• ISPRA – Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale
• ISMAR – CNR – Istituto di Scienze Marine – Sezione Pesca Marittima – Ancona
• Centro Ricerche Marine di Cesenatico
• Centro di Alta Formazione e Ricerca per la Qualità e Sicurezza Alimentare “Carlo R. Lerici” – Centro Universitario di Bertinoro (FC).
• ARPA Regione Emilia Romagna – Struttura Oceanografica DAPHNE
• UNIMAR – Osservatorio Tecnico Biologico – Roma
• UNIPROM – Consorzio Promozione Prodotti Ittici – Roma
• Consorzio MEDITERRANEO – Roma
• C.I.R.S.Pe. – Centro Italiano Ricerche e Studi per la Pesca – Roma
• CE.SVI.P. – Centro Sviluppo Piccola e Media Impresa – Bologna
• Istituto Delta Ecologia Applicata S.r.l. – Goro
• Università degli Studi di Ancona – Facoltà di Agraria
• Università degli Studi di Bologna – Facoltà di Agraria – Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari
• Università degli Studi di Bologna – Facoltà di Medicina Veterinaria
• Università degli Studi di Ferrara – Dipartimento di Biologia
• Università degli Studi di Udine – Facoltà di Medicina Veterinaria
On their experience in the training area include participation in the following projects:
• Teaching experience within the project: “IFOP – SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PLAN TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF PROCESSES AND WORKING CONDITIONS ON BOARD. EMILIA ROMAGNA IFOP COD 89 / SO / 05
• “DEVELOPING SKILLS AND ABILITIES OF FISHING MARITIME OPERATORS RAVENNA” – COURSE N. 2009-279 / RA ”
• Teaching experience within the project: “THE ROAD TO THE ACQUISITION OF SKILLS AND SKILLS IN THE FIELD OF PRACTICE OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND HEALTH” FOR THE FISHING FLEET Cesenatico”
• Teaching experience within the project: “STRENGTHENING OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COMPETITIVENESS OF THE CONSORZIO DI GORO PESCATORI” regarding good hygiene practices, health and safety”
• Teaching experience within the project: “quality and hygiene in fish production”
• Teaching experience within the project: “Fishing Emilia Romagna. TRAINING FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT SECTOR”
• Teaching experience within the project: “A MITILICOLTURA CESENATICO:
WAYS TO IMPROVE FOOD QUALITY FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION SUITABLE FOR THE FISHING FLEET “- COURSE N. 2009-461 / FC”
• “ECOADRIA-FISHERMEN”: This project aims to create the conditions for adequate professional fishermen in the Adriatic Sea, by analyzing the feasibility for the development of new and potential environmental services, tourism and cultural.
• Participation in the “MESA BLUE ADRIATIC FOR SUSTAINABLE FISHING ACTIVITIES AND FISHERY RESOURCES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF ADRIATIC” project (Interreg III A – Adriatic Cross Border) – as teachers in training courses for operators Fishing and aquaculture
The activities and experience of your organisation in the areas relevant for this project:MARE is an entity with National level, so know the particularities of fisheries in Italy and regulations. The Coop. MARE has the resources and experience to conduct research on specific preventive and educational material for fisheries, development of innovative training content (audiovisual) and specific for the improvement of working conditions in the industry, material testing professional training in the fisheries sector and the educational sector. It also participates in the development of projects and in its activities, highlights the diffusion of seminars on topics that works, so it has the capacity to promote and disseminate the project.
RECEP TAYYIP ERDOGAN UNIVERSITESI. Click to read more
-Address: Fener Mah. PC: 53100. Rize (Turkey)
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan University (Former name Rize University) is established in 2007 and as a newly established public organization it has approximately 17.000 students. The university is committed to provide academic freedom and environment to enrich scientific, social, intellectual and cultural development of its students. Besides, the university is to achieve competitiveness in scientific and technological fields, product-oriented, offering education at an international level; providing social, cultural and sportive needs to its students; augmenting qualified academic staff with excellent research and professional service perspectives. The university also makes every effort to fulfill its responsibilities by providing a wide variety of academic programmes in the fields of natural, applied and health sciences as well as social sciences, arts and humanities, fisheries, human services and business administration. The university seeks to engage students in research and creative activities, to promote excellence in teaching to develop and maintain scholarship, establishing academic cooperations with other institutions and international agencies in order to maximise effectiveness through information sharing and transfer of innovation.
The activities and experience of your organisation in the areas relevant for this project
In particular, our university’s Faculty of Fisheries has undertaken more than a hundred projects among them are:
− Determining the effects of aquaculture enterprises to the marine ecosystem, 2006-2010
− Dolphin and fishermen interactions in the Black Sea region. 2010-2013
− Alternative fish species for the aquaculture enterprises in the Black Sea region: Sturgeon practices 2010-2013
− The mollusk fauna of the rocky and sand habitats in the Black Sea. 2009-2012
− Taxonomic revision of the genus Gobio in the territorial of Anatolia. 2009-2011.
Europeche. Click to read more
-Address: Montoyer 24. PC: 1000. Brussels (Belgium)
Since founded in 1962, Europêche, the Association of National Organisations of Fishing Enterprises in the European Union, participates in the elaboration and implementation of the Common Fisheries Policy and defends the interests of the fishing enterprises of which the vessels are listed in the Community logbook, regardless of their length, volume or power. Europêche is a European organisation of shipowners, fishermen and employers that today counts 17 member organisations from 11 European countries and pursues diversified objectives and activities, such as: promote the relationships between the member organisations by creating co-operation and collaboration links between them; adopt common position papers and draw up proposals for actions, reform or measures envisaging the improvement of the activities of the fisheries enterprises represented by the national organisations; keep their members informed about draft Community regulations, dossiers, events, studies and orientations that might directly or indirectly affect the fishing industry.
Over the last few years, the fisheries issues have become a priority in all international conventions and organisations such as CITES, CBD, IUCN. Likewise, the environmental aspects cannot be ignored in the management of the fisheries at national, regional and international level. A large priority is also granted to organisations such as the United Nations, the Regional Fisheries Management Organisations of the FAO (GFCM, ICCAT, NAFO, NEAFC). Europêche monitors and influences the activities of those international bodies.
Finally, Europêche is represented in various commissions and international organisations such as the OSPAR Commission, FAO (COFI, Fisheries Committee), the General Assembly of the United Nations and ICFA (International Coalition of Fisheries Associations).
Europêche also follows the work in the Regional Advisory Committees created by a Council Decision of 2004 (Commission Decision 2004/774/EC of 9 November 2004).
The activities and experience of your organisation in the areas relevant for this project
For questions relating to the social sector, Europêche is represented as employers’ organisation alongside COGECA (European Agri-Cooperatives) and opposite the European Transport Worker’s Federation (ETF) in the Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee for Sea Fisheries that is part of DG EMPL. In this Committee, the social partners deal with questions especially related to professional training, social harmonisation and employment, health and safety at work and enlargement of the EU.
Our expertise in the field, network connections and presence in the European Union will surely contribute to the effective dissemination of the results of this project.